Friday, September 26, 2008

12000ft.

Skydiving was awesome, check out the new pics ------>
We got picked up from the hostel by a limo, and rode to the base near the airport. We watched a movie of some one's jump, and then got a short briefing before getting in our sweet jump suits, meeting our guides, and getting in the plane. There were about 6 or so other people in the plane... I jumped first with Mac, and Noah was second with Henk. Jumping out was the craziest thing ever. Just crazy. Then you are blasting through the air, face toward the ground, for about 40-45 sec. (we jumped from 12000 ft., but for $100nz more, you can go to 15000, where apparently you can see the entire country... coast to coast in all directions. We still had an amazing view- it was ridiculously high up.)
Then the guide pulls the chute, and you get to float to the ground over a period of about 8 min... amazing views all the way down.

Next chance you get to go skydiving, I heartily suggest you go. (Our jump was $220nz each, about $155us)

Woo!

Yesterday, we hiked out past Huka Falls again and fished for prawns... we caught 9 in like 4 hours... it was fun though- prawns are very tricky! After making delicious delicious stir fry, we hiked back t0 the trailhead where there was a hot pool to sit in and watched the stars. On the way back, we saw a possum... the most dangerous animal we've seen so far [rabies!]
Anyways, after we got back, I rented a bike and rode on the walking trail to get my broken camera that I left at the prawn place, it took about 25 min... on the way back, I found the bike path, and decided to take it: AWESOME! It took almost an hour, but the trails were amazing, and I got to take a bunch of pictures. Got back to the hostel, made tons of stir fry, yum. After I'm done writing this, we're walking to the McDonald's to steal sugar and make rice pudding.

Yee-haw!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Cool jump Noah and Keller. Awesome pics. I'm planning on jumping when we are in NZ - maybe we can get Nathan to come along.

Anonymous said...

Holy smoky moses! If my trip is a tenth as supremely prime as yours I might just not go home. New England on the whole is not so bad after my Dad took me and Jamie on a power road trip. But skydiving and tropical mountainscapes? Those Irish better have a cool country.

King Crimson said...

Hi guys!! Great pictures!! Let's see more!! Lisa

Anonymous said...

sugoiii! watashi mo sukaidaibingu wo shite mitai! ~maren (sensei)